Pagine

Friday, June 17, 2011

Flashback


This is a picture my dad took of me this winter at a Christmas market/country fair in a little town out in the countryside. I was trying to sell my handmade garments and my dad was helping out, and he brought some of his best photos with him to try and sell those too.
That day did. not. go. well. at. all. Not only did neither me nor my dad sell anything, but he also got sick from standing in the cold all day (it wasn't too cold, only a few degrees below zero, but still not a comfortable temperature to stand still all day in) AND we broke a portable ikea mirror I always used to take with me at these events for potential customers to check themselves out in. And yes, if you're superstitious that is 7 years of bad luck (unless a virgin pees on it but that would have been a little complicated).
Also, to top it off, we had spent quite a bit of money to get the cool wooden Santa hut you see in the picture. But still, to look on the bright side of things, the day presented an opportunity to take some cool pictures (especially my dad) like the one above, to do a lot of people-watching, which is always fun, and the town was pretty cool, see picture of the castle below.
Side note: see the hat I'm wearing? It's handmade, my mom made it when I was little and I still use it. Most of the hats and scarves I wear in winter are somehow from my childhood, don't really know why...

Questa è una foto che mi ha fatto mio papà questo inverno ad un mercatino natalizio in una cittadina in campagna. Io stavo cercando di vendere i miei abiti fatti a mano, e lui era venuto ad aiutare e si era portato da vendere alcune delle sue foto più belle.
Quel giorno fu un disastro. Non solo non vendemmo niente né io né lui, ma lui si ammalò per essere stato fuori al freddo tutto il giorno (non era freddissimo, solo qualche grado sotto zero, ma abbastanza perchè non fosse per niente piacevole stare fermi all'aperto per tante ore) E si ruppe lo specchio dell'ikea che mi portavo sempre dietro per i potenziali clienti. Sì, se uno è superstizioso, son 7 anni di sfiga (a meno che non ci faccia la pipì sopra una vergine, ma quello poteva rivelarsi un tantino complicato).
Inoltre, tanto per gradire, avevamo speso un bel po' per avere la casetta di legno di babbo natale che vedete nella foto.
Ma nonostante tutto non fu così male, la giornata presentò anche i suoi lati positivi, potemmo fare delle belle foto (soprattutto mio papà) vedi sopra, guardare la gente tutto il giorno, che è sempre divertente, e il posto era molto bello, vedi foto sotto. 

Ps: Il cappellino che indossavo è fatto a mano, me l'ha fatto mia mamma quando ero piccolina. Non so bene perchè ma quasi tutte le sciarpe e i cappellini che indosso d'inverno provengono dalla mia infanzia...




No comments:

Post a Comment