Pagine

Friday, July 15, 2011

On "collections"

Although I started selling my handmade knits two years ago, I only last year decided I was going to start coming up with "collections" rather than with single random items of clothing. I put that in quotation marks because the word sounds somehow weird and maybe even presumptuous in this case, but I can't come up with a better way of calling a group of clothing items that are somehow similar to one another, or, as Nina Garcia would say, cohesive. Cohesive. After watching a few seasons of Project Runway I have come to the conclusion that that must be Nina's favorite word. But I am digressing.
Last winter in particular I made two such "collections", the first was based on neutral and pastel colors:

Hoi iniziato a vendere le mie maglie fatte a mano due anni fa, ma l'anno scorso ho deciso di iniziare a creare delle "collezioni" piuttosto che dei singoli capi sparsi. Lo metto tra virgolette perchè suona strano e quasi presuntuoso nel mio caso parlare di collezioni, ma non saprei come altro chiamare dei gruppi di capi di vestiario in qualche modo unitari..."cohesive" come direbbe Nina Garcia (viste un paio di stagioni di Project Runway sono giunta alla conclusione che dev'essere la sua parola preferita).
L'inverno scorso ne son riuscita a fare due, la prima era basata su colori neutri e colori pastello:




The other one was a little more "luxurious" and with lots of...here they come...jewel tones! (see I come up with trends one year in advance, I am that cool, yes yes):
L'altra era un po' più "lussuosa" e con molti...jewel tones! (vedete io anticipo le mode, sono una figa, lo so):







 (As you can see there are a few non-knitted garments in there too, I got my sewing machine for Christmas last year and put it to good use straight away!)
(Come potete vedere ci sono anche dei pezzi non lavorati a maglia, mi han regalato una macchina da cucire a natale l'anno scorso e l'ho messa subito all'opera!)

Some of these items I have sold, others not yet, and I will put them up on my etsy page as soon as the time comes for a fall/winter update...
Alcune di queste cose le ho già vendute, altre non ancora, e appena sarà ora di aggiornare la mia pagina etsy per l'autunno/inverno ce le metterò...

No comments:

Post a Comment