Pagine

Friday, August 19, 2011

F.O.: The Tetris tank top!


Finally finished! And I have to say I'm quite satisfied...I had to redo the finishing on the sleeve holes because they were a little too tight but they are perfect now. Also, originally I hadn't thought of stitching the black lines between the "pixels" but once I finished the front I realized that without creating some sort of definition it was kind of difficult to make out the tetris pattern, so I stayed up till 4 one night to stitch the black lines (true story!) and I am very glad I did (although I could have had the patience to continue the next day rather than staying up that late, but yeah, when I want to get something done I tend to do that kind of thing).
The yarn is a soft acrylic-viscose blend, very nice to work with, I bought it in Germany 3 years ago (with the idea of this tank top already in mind, so I guess you can say that from the initial idea to the final product, this piece took my three years to finish).
Sooo, on to my etsy page it goes!

Finalmente finito! E devo dire che son soddisfatta...ho dovuto rifare i bordi delle maniche perchè inizialmente erano troppo strette ma ora son perfette. Inoltre, originariamente non avevo pensato a cucire le righe nere per dividere i "pixel" l'uno dall'altro ma una volta finito il davanti mi son resa conto che se non definivo un po' meglio i quadratini non si capiva bene che si trattava del gioco, quindi son stata su fino alle 4 una notte per cucirli (true story!) e son contenta di averlo fatto (anche se avrei potuto avere un po' più di pazienza e finire il giorno dopo ma quando mi metto in testa che voglio finire una cosa tendo a non fermarmi finchè non son contenta del risultato).
Il filato è un misto acrilico-viscosa, molto morbido e bello da lavorare, comprato in Germania tre anni fa (con l'idea di questo top già in mente, quindi si può dire che, dall'idea iniziale al prodotto finito, per questo top ci ho messo tre anni).
Ora lo carico sulla mia pagina etsy!


UPDATE: this item is no longer available, sorry!
Mi spiace ma questo capo non è più disponibile!

No comments:

Post a Comment