Pagine

Sunday, August 21, 2011

My own handmade stuff...


 Today I am wearing a top I made ages ago, as in, about ten years ago, and that I have hardly ever worn. It is definitely the strangest thing I ever made for myself. I got the idea from a knitting magazine, but I didn't use the pattern from the magazine, I just flat out copied the idea of a top made up of two pieces held together by fringes. The double shoulder strap was my idea though, even though it's a little annoying because the strap that is supposed to stay up falls down like the other strap that is supposed to stay down. And another annoying thing is the yarn: it's actually a very pretty ribbon yarn, but it gets caught in everywhere. I think I never wore this outside of the house, it's not that I don't like it, I enjoy the fact that it is a little out of the ordinary, it's just that it's a little odd and I haven't really had the courage to wear it outside. Today might be an exception though...I don't know what I'm doing this evening, if I'm staying in or going out...we shall see...

Oggi sto indossando un top che mi son fatta un sacco di tempo fa, circa dieci anni fa, e che non ho praticamente quasi mai messo. E decisamente la cosa più strana che io mi sia mai fatta. L'idea l'avevo presa da un rivista di maglia anche se non avevo usato il modello, avevo solo spudoratamente copiato l'idea di un top formato da due pezzi tenuti insieme da delle frange. La doppia spallina però era un'invenzione mia, anche se è un po' fastidiosa perchè la spallina che dovrebbe stare su cade in continuazione come l'altra che invece dovrebbe rimanere giù. E un'altra cosa fastidiosa è il filato: si tratta di un filato a fettuccia, molto bello in realtà, però che si impiglia ovunque. Penso di non aver mai indossato questo top fuori casa, non perchè non mi piaccia (apprezzo il fatto che sia un po' particolare) ma perchè essendo un po' strano non ho mai avuto il coraggio di indossarlo per uscire. Oggi potrebbe essere un'eccezione, ma non so, non ho idea se stasera uscirò o se starò a casa...ah, le mille incognite della vita...

No comments:

Post a Comment