Pagine

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My own handmade stuff

Today I'm wearing something that is handknit, but this time not by me...this is a sweater my mom made for me back when I was in highschool. The yarn is beautiful as far as the colors are concerned but sadly the quality was not so great...it started pilling straight away after the first time we washed it. Every once in a while I'll shave it a little, which helps, but we've both used better yarns in our long years of knitting. She used a pattern in an old magazine but changed the sleeves a bit and the pattern included some colorwork which she did not do because the variegated yarn was pretty enough by itself. Regardless of the pilling I still love this sweater and keep wearing it often, it's also really really warm!

Oggi sto indossando una maglia fatta a mano, ma questa volta non da me bensì da mia mamma, quando facevo ancora il liceo. La lana è stupenda per quanto riguarda i colori ma purtroppo non era di buona qualità...ha iniziato a infeltrirsi e a fare i pallini già dal primo lavaggio. Ogni tanto ci passo un po' un rasoietto e questo aiuta (tecnica infallibile quella del rasoietto bic) ma diciamo che entrambe abbiam lavorato lane migliori nei nostri lunghi anni di lavoro a maglia. Aveva usato un modello preso da un vecchio giornale, cambiando un po' le maniche e non facendo lo jacquard indicato nel modello visto che la lana mélange era bella abbastanza da sola. Nonostante la qualità della lana questa maglia continua a piacermi molto e continuo a portarla, e poi guadagna punti extra perchè è caldissima!

No comments:

Post a Comment