Pagine

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A few F.O.s but a rookie mistake...

Sooo, remember the triangular shawl I mentioned in my last post? The one I was so confident about? Well I finished it and it turns out I made a mistake...and a real rookie mistake that is! It's still wearable, it doesn't look too bad but it is definitely not professional enough for me to put it up on etsy, so what happens is...my mom gets it! I'm kind of embrarassed about how stupid the mistake is, so I'm not going to explain it nor am I going to post a close up picture lest some expert knitter happens upon this blog and laughs at my inexperience (I'm probably exaggerating, I know)...so all you get is this picture of what the scarf looks like when it is worn, as you can see...not too bad after all...

Duuunque, ricordate la sciarpina triangolare di cui parlavo nell'ultimo post? Quella per la quale ero così sicura di aver finalmente capito come funzionasse? Bene, l'ho finita e mi son accorta di aver fatto un errore e un errore decisamente da principiante...talmente da principiante che mi vergogno un po' a spiegarlo o a mettere foto in cui si capisca, metti che qualche lavoratrice esperta lo dovesse leggere! Che figura ci farei? (Lo so che sto un tantino esagerando). Fatto sta che la sciarpina non è venuta fuori abbastanza male da smontarla e riiniziare da capo ma neanche abbastanza ben fatta da metterla su etsy, quindi...se la becca mia mamma! Ecco una fotina che dimostra che infondo è abbastanza portabile...


What is going to go up on my etsy page is this little scarf I finished a few days ago, my first spring-summer item this year. This I'm quite satisfied of, I used an acrylic-ramie blend i've used plenty of other times and I like the lacy pattern, what do you think? Pretty and wearable I think.

Questa sciarpina qui invece, che ho finito qualche giorno fa, mi piace e verrà caricata presto sulla mia pagina etsy. Ho usato un misto ramie-acrilico che ho già usato più volte e con cui mi trovo bene e mi piace il punto, trovo che la sciarpina sia venuta fuori bellina e portabile, no?


P.s. I still have some winter projects on my needles at the moment...I decided I'm going to break my own rule of no-more-wool-after-march and just go ahead and finish them all even if that might still take a while, while still working on spring items like these I just showed you.

P.s. Sto ancora lavorando a dei progetti invernali...ho deciso di infrangere la mia stessa regola di non fare più cose invernali dopo marzo e di finirli tutti anche dovessi metterci un po', ma lavorando nel frattempo a progetti primaverili come questi che vi ho appena mostrato.

No comments:

Post a Comment