Pagine

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tried and true

While I love experimenting with different yarns, buying yarn from local yarn stores whenever I visit a new city, and while my parents have made it a tradition to come back with new yarn for me whenever they go somewhere, I also love relying on tried and true yarn that I have used milions of times and that I know and love.
This 100% cotton yarn that you can see in the pictures below (sneak peeks of a new item that is almost finished!) is the perfect example. I have used it bilions of times and it comes from my lovely local yarn store. This is a company and store located in the city center in Torino, that according to it's website, has been in business since the forties producing and selling quality yarns, and where I have been going for over ten years.

Per quanto io ami provare diversi filati, comprare lana e cotone in negozi che scopro in giro per il mondo, e anche se i miei hanno da tempo iniziato una tradizione di portarmi a casa dei filati nuovi ogni volta che vanno in viaggio da qualche parte, mi piace anche affidarmi a filati che conosco da anni, che ho usato un sacco di volte e che conosco molto bene.
Questo filato 100% cotone che vedete in basso (usato in un capo che ho quasi finito!) ne è il perfetto esempio. Proviene da un'azienda/negozio localizzato nel centro storico di Torino che produce e vende filati di qualità dagli anni quaranta (potete leggerne la storia sul sito), e dal quale mi rifornisco ormai da più di 10 anni (va bene che ho iniziato presto a lavorare a maglia, ma questa affermazione mi fa sentire vecchia!).



This is a lovely cotton, it's fresh, slightly shiny, and has the perfect drape to it. Here are a few examples of items I have made using this yarn over the years...

Si tratta di un cotone fantastico, fresco, leggermente lucido, e che produce, una volta lavorato, un tessuto che "cade" bene, con un bel drappeggio. Ecco alcuni esempi di capi che ho realizzato con questo filato negli ultimi anni...











 

No comments:

Post a Comment