Pagine

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Wardrobe staple

One thing I always love to have in my wardrobe, and I consider a year round staple, is a short sleeved, A-lined dress with some sort of pattern on it. I love wearing them because they are comfortable, leave room for lunches and dinners, and when they are the right length I can ride my bike in them without flashing the whole neighborhood or getting the skirt caught in the wheels. I prefer short sleeves because I can use them all year, I add a warm cardigan and tights in the cold months and wear them with flats or sandals in the warm months, which is also the reason why I prefer when they have a medium weight fabric and aren't too flimsy and light or too thick and heavy. I like this sort of versatility because it means I can buy less clothes and have a functional wardrobe that isn't crammed with stuff (I'm working on this). Here is a small collection of examples I found (fell in love with) while perusing the internet...

Una tipologia di capo di abbigliamento che mi piace avere e che uso tutto l'anno, è un vestito svasato a maniche corte e a fantasia. Li amo perchè sono comodissimi, lasciano spazio per eventuali pranzi e cene, e se sono della lunghezza giusta, li posso indossare quando vado in bici senza fare l'effetto Marilyn e senza incastrare la gonna nelle ruote. Preferisco le versioni a maniche corte perchè posso portarle sia nella stagione fredda, con un cardigan caldo e le calze spesse, che d'estate con le ballerine o i sandali, e questo è lo stesso motivo per cui li scelgo generalmente di stoffe di peso medio, non troppo leggero, nè troppo caldo e lanoso. Mi piace questo tipo di versatilità perchè mi permette di comprare meno cose e non avere un guardaroba debordante di vestiti (ci sto lavorando). Ecco una piccola collezione di esempi che ho trovato (di cui mi sono innamorata) vagando senza meta su internet...

Vera Vague on Etsy, vintage.
Lazzari.
Handmade, Alicenightingale on Etsy.

Threads for thought.

Diane von Furstenberg.
Synergy Clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment